“Let Justice Ring” Video Contest
This next video was created by Aidan Crotty, all the way from Australia! We hope you enjoy, “The Day Justice Rang”.
Thank you, Aidan!
The 19th Amendment to the United States Constitution, which gave women the right to vote, was ratified on August 26, 1920. One hundred years later, on August 25-26, 2020, we will commemorate this great event by celebrating the history of The Justice Bell with two major events and a “Let Justice Ring” video contest open to the public.
The Justice Bell which resides at the National Patriots Bell Tower at Washington Memorial Chapel in Valley Forge PA, was known as the women’s liberty bell and was the idea of Katharine Wentworth Ruschenberger.
The “Let Justice Ring” video contest invites you to submit a short (5 minute or less) video on the theme of women’s suffrage including the Justice Bell. Entries will be posted on YouTube, reviewed and voted upon by a panel of judges, and prizes will be given. The first prize-winning video will be premiered at the Justice Bell send-off event on August 25, 2020.
Rules of the Contest
- The “Let Justice Ring” Video Contest is open to everyone.
- Video should be 5 minutes (or less) including credits.
- Video should be family friendly.
- All music copyright, talent, releases/permissions must be attested to with each entry.
- Submit entry to “Let Justice Ring” Video Contest at email@example.com.
- ALL entries must be received by July 15, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
- Upload video to YouTube by July 15, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. Set to public and downloadable.
- Participants to provide YouTube link in Submission Form.
- Winners will be notified by August 1, 2020
1st — $500
2nd — $300
3rd — $200
Email address* _______________________________
First Name* _______________________________
Last Name* _______________________________
Phone Number* ______________________________
Video Name* ________________________________
YouTube Link for Video* _______________________
I attest that the video is an original of my creation.* Yes
I attest that I received proper permission for music and any “actors” or individuals shown in the film and can furnish these if I am selected as an award winner.* Yes
Type full name as an electronic signature.* Yes
Need ideas for your 5-min “Let Justice Ring” Video?
- Who was Katharine Wentworth Ruschenberger?
- History of the Justice Bell. How did it end up at Washington Memorial Chapel? Where was it forged? Who paid for it?
- Why is the Justice Bell important?
- Mark Twain’s comments on women’s suffrage
- What is the 19th amendment?
- Inscription on the Justice Bell and how it differs from that on the Liberty Bell, and why
- What happened with women’s suffrage in 1919? in 1920?
- What is the history of the Woman’s Suffrage Memorial in Fairfax County, VA?
- What was it like to campaign for the right to vote?
- What were the difficulties in getting the necessary votes for 19th amendment?
- When did women get the right to vote in other countries?